July 19, 2021
Surat Al-Ghaashiya Lapbook
I have another fun lapbook to share with you today. Surat Al-Ghaashiya! InshaAllah you and your children find it of benefit.
Basic Facts about Surat Al-Ghaashiya:
- This surah is number 88 in the Quran.
- It was revealed in Mecca.
- It gets its name from the first ayah, the word Ghaashiya which means Overwhelming Event.
- This surah is about peoples faces; if they will be happy or sad on Yawm Al-Qiyamah
- If they people will be given Jannah or Jahannam
Special Facts about this Surah:
Prophet Muhammad(SAAS) liked to recite this surah on Salat Al-Jum’aa and for both the Eid prayers.
This surah mainly contains three themes:
- The first is the contrast between the good and evil in the hereafter
- The second is the creation all around us-the sky, mountains and the earth. We should reflect on the complexity and perfection of it all
- The third are the duties of the Prophet(SAAS)- he was commanded to teach us
Description of Jannah(Heaven):
It is a beautiful garden with a flowing spring. It is of overwhelming beauty. More beautiful than anything we know of in this life. Allah(SWT) tells us 6 things about Jannah in this surah.
- You will never hear unpleasant speech. No one will say anything bad or mean to make anyone feel sad. Only nice and pleasant things will be heard.
- It will have a beautiful flowing spring that anyone can drink from. It will be refreshing and delicious.
- There will be high sofas to sit and see the beauty of the garden. No one will feel tired or uncomfortable
- There will be cups to drink from that never get empty and are always within reach.
- There will be pillows or cushions lined up. There will be plenty of pillows for everyone to be comfortable
- There will be beautiful carpets spread out.
Description of Jahannam(Hell):
Jahannam is overwhelmingly hot. Hotter than anything we know of in this life. There are things to eat and drink but they are not anything we would want to eat. In Jahannam there is a spring of boiling water to drink from. To eat there is a fruit called a Daree’. It is described as being a dried, poisonous fruit that has thorns and will make you sick when you eat it. It is a punishment from Allah for those who did not listen.
Creations to reflect upon:
There are four creations Allah(SWT) mentions in this surah for us to reflect upon. These creations are meant for us to see the miraculous proofs of Allah’s creations. Allah can create whatever He wills.
- The creation of the camels
- How the sky is raised high
- How the mountains are set firmly in place
- How the earth is spread out
Dimaa bin Tha’labah
This man was a bedouin who came to the Prophet(SAAS) and asked him about the creations around him. He was not an educated man but he could see the miraculous creations around him and would reflect upon them. He asked the Prophet(SAAS) who created them and the he replied that Allah created it all. He went on to ask him about the duties one is to perform.
The ages for these lapbooks:
This lapbook is meant to be used with the Ad-Duha Institute Mini Tafseer Books. You can purchase the Surat Al-Ghaashiya mini-book or the Surat Al-Ghaashiya e-book. Be sure to click the correct book format when purchasing. You can buy each book separately or as a set. Check out the pages of the books here. I gave a book to each child so that they can color and participate by reading along with me.
These lapbooks can be used at the elementary level grades 1-5. If you have older students you can have them read and do the minibook themselves. They can either cut and paste the answers into the mini books or they can write it in themselves. You can give them a quiz after a review to see if they have fully understood and retained the information. I will be sharing a study guide and quiz later so be sure to keep a look out.
If you have younger readers you can read it together as a group and then you can help them cut and paste the answers inside the mini books. The very young may not be able to do all the mini books. You can pick and choose which ones you would like your students to do. Another option is for the parent/teacher to cut out all mini books and paste them into the lapbook so it is ready for the younger student to use. Then the student can paste the answer inside the minibook. This way the parent or teacher can focus on spending time going over and explaining the surah.
If this is too easy for your older students then you can soon check out my Surat Al-Fajr Notebooking Pages where they can write out what they know and learned from the surah.
How long will it take to complete this lapbook?
It all depends on you and your family. Older students might finish in a few days to a week and younger students may take a couple of weeks or more. Do not feel pressured to finish in a certain time. Pace yourself and your kids to what best suits your family.
What is included in this lapbook?
- Facts about the surah mini books
- Vocabulary mini book
- Trace the arabic letters of the surah
- Tafseer mini book
- Translation mini book
- What you should say before reciting Quran mini book
- 19 other mini books
Mini book on the facts about Surat Al-Ghaashiya
Minibook on vocabulary words
Before you download my lapbooks, please note the following!
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD ANY PORTION OF THIS BOOK BE DOWNLOADED AND SOLD FOR PROFIT.
The content of the book is copyrighted intellectual property and offered solely here for free download and personal use exclusively.
If you would like a copy of this lapbook, you can download it here.
If you would like a copy of the Surat Al-Ghaashiya Notebooking Pages, you can download them
If you find a mistake or would like me to add a minibook or have other ideas please leave a kind comment below or email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
2 file folders (or 2 large sheets of construction paper)
Check out these links to see how I make the lapbooks.
What is a lapbook?
How to make a lapbook video tutorial
Hope it is of benefit.
Peace and Blessings,